WYXI's popular Trading Post program is broadcast twice daily, 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday-Saturday and 4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday-Friday. To send us an e-mail message for the TRADING POST, fill-out the form below and click submit. You will then receive a confirmation that your e-mail has been sent.
NOTE: THE 'ITEMS' BOX WILL HOLD 1000 CHARACTERS, SO JUST KEEP TYPING. PLEASE LIMIT THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS TO NO MORE THAN SIX. THANKS! "UNCLE" BOB AND "COUSIN" MARK
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· 1996 CHEVY S-10 EXTENDED CAB TRUCK FOR SALE, 2400.00 OBRO..506-7526*
· BUY AN OUTSIDE TV ANTENNA…AND SELL A 1997 CHEVY TRAKKER FOR 2000.00…887-3989*
· 30-06 BOLT ACTION REMINGTON RIFLE WITH CLIP FOR SALE, 325.00…HALF BIRD DOG AND HALF AIREDALE FOR SALE…50.00…..334-5755*
· NEEDS MR. BOHANNON’S RECIPE FOR SUGAR CURED HAM…506-4410*
· FOR SALE…USED KENMORE CLOTHES DRYER, 50.00…506-6218*
· MAYTAG CLOTHES DRYER FOR SALE, GOOD SHAPE, 80.00 (MIGHT TAKE 50.00)…371-7321*
· 2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA, 2200.00…519-5426
· 2001 MAZDA TRIBUTE FOR SALE, 2750.00….506-3232*
· FRIDGE FOR $100…..18 INCH CHAIN SAW CARRYING CASE…..334-1142*
· ROUND OAK DINING ROOM TABLE WITH CLAW FEET….…..745-8845*
· WANTS A GOOD GUN SAFE OR GUN CABINET LARGE ENOUGH FOR RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS…..999-1003*
· TWO XL LADIES COATS…ONE IS BY VANNA WHITE FOR $100…..THE OTHER ONE IS ITALIAN LEATHER ONLY WORN ONCE…..LIFT CHAIR FOR $100……745-0992*
· COUNTY ROAD 580 IS NOT A RACE TRACK…PLEASE SLOW DOWN!
· GOOD NEWS FOR THE DAY: For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” GALATIANS 5:14
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· LIFT CHAIR FOR SALE, BROWN IN COLOR …$50…435-4068*
· LUMBER ABOUT A TRUCK LOAD $60…381-7025*
· BUY A 50 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV ….382-9280*
· COMPUTER MONITOR $10… JUMPER CABLES $5 … ASSORTED TOOLS $5 …MASSAGE CHAIR PAD $10…453-0078*
· 2 ALMOST NEW TIRES 205 70R 14 INCH RIMS FORD…$120…5071248*
· PELLET GUN, COMPOUND BOW $75 EACH …333-5249*
· STAIR STEPPER DIGITAL…$20…NEW ANDROID STRAIGHT TALK PHONE….$25 OLDER MODEL BEARCAT POLICE SCANNER..582-7176*
· 20 FT GOOSENECK TRAILER…DEXTER AXLE..FLAT BED $2500….462-1290*
· 3 CB RADIOS FOR SALE MAGNETIC ANTENNA…836-5950*
· CHAIN LINK FENCE TO GIVE AWAY IF YOU PULL IT UP AND TAKE IT AWAY ….920-3866* CALL BETWEEN 10 AND 11
· FOUR TIX TO DOLLYWOOD GOOD UNTIL JAN. 1ST. 506-5475*
· DRYER THAT WORKS FOR $50 MADE BY KENMORE…….506-6218
· LOST SOME SHOCKING DOG COLLARS AROUND MT. VERNON NEAR MADISONVILLE ABOUT A WEEK AGO…..261-4079 OR 519-5887
· WANTS SOME P/S 2 PARTS SUCH AS THE POWER CORD AND THE COMPOSITE CORD TOO. WANTS A BRUSH GUARD FOR A 2003 DODGE RAM…..381-2293
· WANTS SOME 20 GALLON LP TANKS….435-3714*
· 2002 CHEVY PICKUP WITH EXTENDED CAB….WOULD MAKE A GOOD WORK TRUCK FOR $2900….ANTIQUE BRASS BED WITH RAILS AKA SHABBY CHIC FOR $45…..506-7822*
· HOOSIER CABINET IN WHITE FOR $150……NEW COMMODE IN WHITE…..HOME DÉCOR….BOOKS….CLEANING OUT A STORAGE UNIT……368-2134
· For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· 32 LED LIGHT BULBS FOR THE SNOWFLAKE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS THAT THE DBA HAD LAST YEAR……50 CENTS EACH….DOBRO WITH CASE, BAR, PICK, TUNER, STRAP, INSTRUCTION BOOK AND CD……FOR $300…….263-1989
· NEEDS A REGULAR SIZE DUMP TRUCK….462-1528
· WANTS A CAMPER….. 252-9494
· ELECTRIC LIFT CHAIR FOR $50……435-4068
· SET OF CHRISTMAS DISHES 12 PIECE SETTING WITH EXTRA PIECES. THE WHOLE SET IS $90 (NEVER BEEN USED) 745-6629
· CHAIN LINK FENCE FOR FREE IF YOU COME AND TAKE IT DOWN….423-920-3866
· VCR TAPES AND DVDs FOR SALE $25….368-4190
· SET OF BOSE SPEAKERS FOR $60…..6 GALLON PORTER CABLE PANCAKE AIR COMPRESSOR WITH 2 NAIL GUNS FOR $120…..453-7110
· 20 FOOT GOOSENECK FLAT BED HEAVY DUTY TRAILER WITH A TITLE $2600…..462-1290
· LADIES 22 INCH BIKE….506-6141
· WANTS SOME OLD COVERALLS……WANTS SOME OLD HOODED JACKETS AND SIZE 10 TENNIS SHOES….AND SOME GOOD WARM WINTER CLOTHES….423-435-3714
· BURN OUT VICTIM NEEDS SOME 2X AND 3X WOMEN’S CLOTHING AND ANKLE LENGTH SKIRTS….SHOE SIZE 11…….423-435-3714
· All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· HTC CELL PHONE ON VERIZON FOR SALE….ONE TOUCH ALCATEL CELL PHONE ON AT&T…PAIR OF BOOTS SIZE 13 WIDE FOR $100…..920-3459*
· TWO NEW CLIMBING TREE STANDS….368-1034*
· LOST A LARGE RED TOTE FULL OF HUNTING STUFF ON HIGHWAY 68 BETWEEN TELLICO AND COKER CREEK……REWARD OFFERED. CALL 423-261-2633 UNTIL SUNDAY….THEN CALL 423-263-7789
· GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL FOR SALE FOR $5……746-1178*
· 2 BEDROOM 1 BATH HOUSE IN ENGLEWOOD ON THE NIOTA ROAD FOR $27,000…..WANTS SOME GAS LOGS WITH A THERMOSTAT CONTROL….887-5339
· WANTS SOME DUST COVERS FOR A FORD F-250 TRUCK…865-724-8546
· CALL THE JUNK MAN AT 263-7347
· FOUR WHEELER FOR SALE….423-333-6484
· CHILD’S MONGOOSE HELMET FOR $20….CLASSIC TV SHOWS ON DVDs…POLICE SCANNER FOR $50……405-8771*
· BEDROOM SUITE COMES WITH THE BED AND A DRESSER…..2 LITTLE PIGS FOR SALE 423-920-1022
· There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· BLACK AND BLUE COWBOY BOOTS SIZE 13 WIDE…AND A PAIR OF HUNTING BOOTS SIZE 10 ½ ….920-3459
· 205-70R 14 INCH TIRES AND WHEELS FOR $120 FOR THE PAIR….507-1248*
· WANTS A GOOD CARPENTER TO BUILD AN AWNING……423-462-4500
· UPRIGHT AND A CHEST FREEZER TO GIVE AWAY…..368-0297
· 1981 GMC HIGH SIERRA PICKUP WITH 3 ON THE COLUMN AND A CAMPER TOP AND 4 EXTRA TIRES…..$4300 WILL NEGOTIATE...442-5326*
· IT’S THANKSGIVING!
· Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
· Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
· Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIANO OR ORGAN STOOL? 435-5505*
· LOOKING FOR SOME FREE OR CHEAP KING JAMES BIBLES SO THEY GIVE THEM TO PEOPLE…507-1248*
· LOOKING TO BUY A DUMP TRUCK, 5 OR 6 TON, 462-1528…LOOKING FOR A LONG LADIES COAT SIZE 2 OR 3X…252-9494*
· 20 GALLON AQUARIUM WITH FISH AND ACCESSORIES, 200.00…COLLECTOR BARBIE AND KEN DOLLS, 100.00 EACH…LONG ANTIQUE COFFEE TABLE, 50.00…333-2988*
· MOSSBERG ATR 270 BOLT ACTION, 300.00….435-4548*
· GIRL CLOTHES, SIZE 7 AND 8 AND 6X’S…ONE DOLLAR EACH…GIRL COATS, 7, 8, AND 10, 1.00 EACH…LADIES DRESS SHOES, SIZE 7 AND 7 ½ , ONE-DOLLAR…920-0621*
· LADIES 22 INCH BICYCLE, 40.00…506-6141
· FISH TANK WITH STAND…BED RAILS FOR A TRUCK…SPEAKERS IN A BOX…SMALL CHEST FREEZER…AND TWO WEED EATERS…ALL FOR SALE…507-9030
· THERESA IS PUTTING TOGETHER THE ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DINNER ON CHRISTMAS DAY AT THE ENGLEWOOD COMMUNITY CENTER…STARTING AT 4 P.M…..EAT IN OR CARRY OUT…OR WILL DELIVER….MUSIC DURING THE DINNER…NEEDS VOLUNTEERS…CALL 506-9777…AND DONATIONS FOR BUYING FOOD….AT SIMMONS BANK, TO CHRISTMAS DINNER*
· THE MCMINN COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. IS CLOSED THURSDAY THRU SUNDAY AND WILL REOPEN MONDAY AT THEIR NORMAL TIME
· It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; PSALM 92:1
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· FULL SIZE MATTRESS IN GOOD CONDITION, 50.00….UPRIGHT FREEZER, 200.00…745-1468*
· DOBRO FOR SALE, REGAL, WITH CASE, BOOK, ETC, 300.00…263-1989*
· 1999 DODGE VAN, 85,000 MILES, FOR SALE…1500.00….SEWING MACHINE, 100.00…RIDING MOWER, WEED EATER, 4 WHEELER HELMETS, CENTERS FOR CORVETTE RALLIES, BIG FUEL TANK FOR SALE..865-387-5043*
· NHC OF ATHENS NEEDS A FREE PIANO…745-0434…ASK FOR AMY
· BUY A WASHING MACHINE…WHITE IN COLOR…WITH A BIG TUB…368-4362
· BUY A BALE OF STRAW OR CEDAR WOOD CHIPS TO PUT IN A DOG HOUSE…745-6365*
· 2004 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER FOR SALE…2,000.00…519-5426
· GARAGE SALE ON FRIDAY AT 8 A.M. TO 1 P.M. IN THE STONECREST SUBDIVISION AT 146 CO ROAD 1150….LOTS OF CHRISTMAS STUFF…..EVEN SOME FREEBIES….368-7717*
· For as churning cream produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife.” PROVERBS 30-33
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· SELL A BANS JACKET, SIZE LARGE, 100.00 OBO…PAIR OF 10 ½ BOOTS, NEW…TOBOGGAN FOR SALE, ONE SIZE FITS ALL…AND A COMPACT DVD PLAYER FOR SALE, 50.00 OBO…RECORD PLAYER/CD PLAYER COMBO, 75.00..920-3459*
· NEEDS ANOTHER FREE OR CHEAP CHEST OF DRAWERS OR CHEF-ROBE…450-9450*
· 2001 MAZDA TRIBUTE FOR SALE, 2800.00…506-3232*
· LOOKING FOR SOME NINTENDO DS 3DX GAMES…333-1529*
· BAKER’S RACK FOR KITCHEN, 30.00…SMALL MICROWAVE, 20.00…LARGE COFFEE TABLE…WITH END TABLES TO MATCH….252-0084
· 100 GALLON FISH AQUARIUM WITH METAL STAND, 75.00…1988 F-150 TRUCK, NEW TIRES, RUNS GOOD, 1200.00…QUEEN SIZE BEDROOM SET COMPLETE WITH SERTA MATTRESSES….442-6013
· PELLET GUN FOR SALE, 75.00…333-5249*
· GAS STOVE FOR KITCHEN WITH 4 EYES AND OVEN, 50.00…381-2850
· STAIR-STEPPER, LIKE NEW, 25.00…BUY A MOBILE HOME AXLE (NEEDS 2), WITH SPRINGS, WHEELS AND TIRES IF POSSIBLE…COLOR TV, 15.00, 20 INCH SCREEN…582-7176*
· HIDER-BED SOFA FOR $125….SET OF GOLF CLUBS FOR SALE……423-334-9833*
· BE SURE TO PUT OUTDOORS SOME WATER AND FOOD FOR WILDLIFE
· TWO NINTENDO DS SYSTEMS FOR SALE WITH CHARGER AND CARRYING CASE…….$50 EACH….745-4238*
· WANTS SOME OLD WINDOWS…..423-368-8774
· KUDOS TO THE DBA AND TO MISSY FORD FOR THE OLD FASHIONED DOWN TOWN CHRISTMAS EVENT HELD ON SATURDAY
· 6 ½ FOOT CHRISTMAS TREE WITH LIGHTS AND DECORATIONS FOR $25….2 SIDE BY SIDE GRAVE LOTS AT GREEN HILL CEMETERY IN ETOWAH FOR SALE……641-3603*
· “Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. PROVERBS 30:7-9
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· BUY A FLAT SCREEN TV…AT LEAST 42 INCHES OR BIGGER…381-9280
· BUY A 15 INCH USED TIRE, P235…333-5329
· ELECTRIC COOK STOVE, GOOD SHAPE, 75.00…WORKOUT MACHINE, 125.00….371-0112
· NEEDS A BATHROOM VANITY, SMALL, AND A CABINET FOR A SINK…FREE OR CHEAP….435-5745 OR 368-4774
· NEEDS SOME LITTLE BOY’S PJ’S WITH FEET, 18 TO 24 MONTHS…414-6587
· AUDIOVOX CD PLAYER, 5.00…746-1178
· FOUR PRETTY LADY’S DRESSY SKIRTS…BLUE JACKET…SHORTS….LADY’S OUTFIT, TOP, PANTS, AND SKIRT…30.00 FOR EVERYTHING…SIZE 10 OR MEDIUM…LARGE BAG OF ADULT DIAPERS AND PADS FOR YOUR BED…AND SOME ANTIQUES FOR SALE…368-2134
· FOR SALE…LOTS OF BOOKS, 20.00 FOR ALL…YARD SALE ITEMS, CLOTHES, POCKETBOOKS, ETC, 20.00 FOR A LOAD….920-3550
· VERSE-PROVERBS 29:25 - FEAR OF MAN WILL PROVE TO BE A SNARE, BUT WHOEVER TRUSTS IN THE LORD IS KEPT SAFE.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· YARD SALE FRIDAY ON HIGHWAY 39 BETWEEN AUB AND THE BLC…UNTIL 3 P.M.
· BUY A VANITY FOR A BATHROOM, 36 INCHES WIDE, FREE OR CHEAP…745-8650
· 50 INCH RCA TV, BAD BUTTON, FOR FREE…572-1616
· WORKOUT MACHINE, 125.00…OBRO…USED STOVE FOR SALE, WORKS GOOD, 75.00…371-0112*
· HOIST/WINCH FOR A TRUCK……BRASS ANTIQUE COFFEE OR TEA POT…..506-0444*
· An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins. PROVERBS 29:22
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· MAYTAG DRYER FOR SALE…VCR TAPES WITH MOVIES FOR SALE…MEN’S BLUE JEANS, SIZE, 30-30 TO 34-30….371-7321*
· FOUND A DOG IN THE ROGERS CREEK COMMUNITY, LOOKS LIKE A LAB MIX…IF IT’S YOURS, CALL 744-7380*
· SAMSUNG GALAXY PRIME CORE ANDROID SMARTPHONE…FOR SALE, 100.00…COMES WITH CASE AND CHARGER…368-5057*
· FOUND A PAIR OF GLASSES ON EASTANALEE AVE. NEAR THE OLD PAPER COMPANY…IF THEY ARE YOURS, CALL 745-1566*
· FREE TRAMPOLINE…COME HAUL IT OFF…333-9838*
· FOR SALE…6 ½ FOOT CHRISTMAS TREE….TWO CEMETERY LOTS AT GREEN HILL CEMETERY FOR SALE…641-3603*
· LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A ALUM 20-FOOT EXTENSION LADDER HE CAN BUY…745-6365*
· LOOKING FOR A PULL BEHIND TRAILER WITH A DUMP BED…14 OR 15 FOOT LONG…260-5001*
· STILL HAS 6 ROOSTERS FOR FREE…263-3029*
· 1995 GEO TRACKER…..334-1142
· Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them. PROVERBS 29:20
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, TRADING POST PHONE CALLS
· BUY SOME CHARGERS FOR CAR BATTERIES…506-4410*
· BOYD MEMORIAL CHURCH OF GOD, ACROSS FROM HEIL, IS HAVING A COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING DINNER, 4 TO 6 P.M. THIS SATURDAY….EVERYONE IS INVITED…*
· 22 FOOT CAMPER FOR SALE, OLDER AND NEEDS WORK, 400.00….260-3241*
· TABLE LAMP FOR SALE…252-9454
· GARDEN STYLE BATHTUB WITH HYDRO JET, 75.00…435-6304*
· ROUND KEROSENE HEATER FOR $50…..572-1652*
· UPRIGHT FROST-FREE FREEZER IN GOOD SHAPE FOR $200….745-1468*
· Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul. PROVERBS 29:17
JERRY BAKER’S CRITTER CONTROL
Q: Birds keep going after my garden. Is there anything I can do to keep them away?
A: Sure! Slit an old tennis ball and force it over the end of a 6-7 ft. piece of old garden hose. Draw two eyes and a mouth on the ball, and place yellow strips of tape like Xs down the hose to resemble a snake. Set this fake snake in the garden, and the birds’ll be too spooked to stop in for a snack.
Q: How can I stop the neighborhood cats from using my flower garden as a litter box?
A: Try mixing coffee grounds, cayenne pepper, and/or orange peels into the top layer of soil, or try one of repellents I have in my book, Backyard Problem Solver. You can also stuff dried rue leaves, mothballs, or dry borax soap placed in the toe of old nylon stockings, and hang them in various areas of your garden.
Q: Apparently, it's slim pickings in the woods, because deer keep nibbling on my plants! How can I keep them away from my yard?
A: There are many different solutions, although a good, tall fence is probably the best (and most expensive) one. For less money, try blood meal, thorny bushes, or my special Deer Buster Egg Tonic: 2 eggs, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp. of cayenne pepper and 2 tbsp. of hot sauce in 2 cups of water. Let set for 2 days, then spray your plants to the point of run-off.
Q: How do I get those darned chipmunks to stay away from my garden?
A: Try sprinkling bloodmeal around the garden, or scatter dog or cat hair around the area. That should stop ‘em in their tracks. You might also want try my All-Purpose Pest Prevention Potion: 1 cup of ammonia, ½ cup of dishwashing liquid, ½ cup of human urine, and ¼ cup of castor oil in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. Then fill up the balance of the sprayer jar with water, and you’re ready to go. Overspray any areas that need to be protected, so long as you steer clear of food crops. To protect your edibles, you’ll have to spray around the perimeter of your garden.
Q: The neighborhood dogs are constantly digging up my flower beds. Is there anything I can use to prevent this that won't harm our pet?
A: Sprinkle cayenne pepper over and around the beds, and throw in a few orange peels for good measure. Other repellents include dried blood and oil of mustard. For trash can thugs, spray your garbage cans with a pine scented detergent and ammonia mixed with an equal amount of water.
Q: Moles and gophers have turned my lawn into their own personal condominium complex. What can I do to make them go away?
A: First and foremost, you need to eliminate their major food source—grubs—from your lawn. The best way to do this is to apply Milky Spore Powder at the recommended rate. In addition, you can:
Q: Skunks are digging up my yard, and pawing through my flowers. What can I do to get rid of them?
A: The controls for skunks are similar to those used for moles: if you eliminate their food source—grubs—they'll move on. If you can find their resting area, then you can use ammonia and/or bright light to drive them away.
Q: I have squirrels all over. How do I keep them out of my yard?
A: Keeping them out of an entire yard is nearly impossible. But there are things you can do to keep them from causing damage in specific areas. Try sprinkling dried blood meal as a border around the planting area you want to protect. Or douse your plants with my Hot Bite Spray: 3 tbsp. of cayenne pepper, 2 cups of hot water, 1 tbsp. of hot sauce, 1 tbsp. of ammonia, and 1 tbsp. of baby shampoo. Mix the cayenne pepper with the hot water in a bottle, and shake well. Let the mixture sit overnight, then pour off the liquid without disturbing the sediment at the bottom. Mix the liquid with the other ingredients in a handheld sprayer bottle, and spritz on your flower buds and stems as often as you can to keep them hot, hot, hot!
For more great squirrel-repelling strategies, check out my Backyard Problem Solver book. It includes the recipe for my Squirrel Beater Tonic, as well as instructions for spicing up (and squirrel-proofing) birdseed, making your own squirrel baffle, and much more.
Q: Voles have invaded my lawn, and are causing quite a mess with their runways. How do I stop them?
A: There are a few different things you can do. First, you may want to try trapping these critters. Use regular mousetraps baited with cookies, apples, corn or any other small grain, or a mixture of rolled oats and peanut butter. Set the trap in an old milk carton or coffee can to protect children and pets from harm. Because voles are most active in early morning and early evening, set traps by mid-afternoon. Check them the following morning, and if you have caught one, reset the trap in the same location. Continue this until no more voles are caught. Then relocate the traps 10 to 15 feet away in another surface runway. Continue this practice until you have covered the entire vole habitat. After they're eliminated, clean up any hiding/nesting areas up so they won't come back.
· WEB LINK TO JERRY BAKER’S WEBSITE: https://www.jerrybaker.com/tips-and-tonics#critter
Bob's Mother's recipe:
100 DOLLAR CAKE Recipe (Old Family Recipe)
From the Kitchen of Hazel Ketchersid
Sift flour, soda, cocoa, and salt together. Cream shortening and sugar together until well blended. Add beaten egg yolks. Add sifted dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Stir in coffee and vanilla. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour batter into 3 well greased and floured 9" cake pans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
Sift sugar and cocoa together. Cream with butter. Add egg yolk, coffee and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. This makes a 3 layer cake. You could slice with a string like the red velvet if desired, but just the 3 layers is ok. It is ok as a sheet cake, but better as the 3 layer. Your choice.