WYXI's popular Trading Post program is broadcast twice daily, 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday-Saturday and 4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday-Friday. To send us an e-mail message for the TRADING POST, fill-out the form below and click submit. You will then receive a confirmation that your e-mail has been sent.
NOTE: THE 'ITEMS' BOX WILL HOLD 1000 CHARACTERS, SO JUST KEEP TYPING. PLEASE LIMIT THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS TO NO MORE THAN SIX. THANKS! "UNCLE" BOB AND "COUSIN" MARK
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, TRADING POST ITEMS
· BUY A TRANSMISSION FOR 2003 MONTE CARLO LE, AUTOMATIC…368-4190*
· BUY A GOOD FLAT SCREEN TV..40 INCHES OR SO…333-5249*
· FOR SALE…ONE ACRE OF LAND WITH A WELL AND A SEPTIC TANK…COUNTY ROAD 656 NEAR THE LANDFILL…744-8830*
· PORTABLE AIR CO WITH HEATER, BRAND NAME, FOR SALE…VIRTUALLY NEW…242.00…746-9987
· SIZE 42 WAIST, 34 LENGTH BLUE JEANS FOR SALE..33/30’S AND 34-30’S FOR SALE ALSO…ADULT DIAPERS, LARGE OR EXTRA LARGE, FOR SALE…371-7321*
· OAK QUEEN-SIZE BED AND DRESSER FOR SALE…1988 RANGER XLT FOR SALE…5HP HONDA MOTOR FOR SALE…BUY A SET OF SILVER EAGLE DOLLARS…337-3500*
· LOOKING FOR A GOOD BAND SAW…506-4410*
· TIRES FOR SALE…2 ALMOST NEW TIRES AND WHEELS FROM FORD VAN…SIZE 205-70R-14…110.00 OBRO…1999 HYNDAI ACCENT, 1200.00..OBO..507-1248*
· HOME ENTERTAINMENT CENTER WITH 3 SHELVES AND DOORS….745-3318*
· WANTS A 5 HP BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE FOR A GARDEN TILLER….MUST BE A SIDE SHAFT…….351-3063*
· Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. HEBREWS 11:1
TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, TRADING POST ITEMS
· 1986 RANGER TRUCK, GOOD WORK TRUCK, 1700.00..OBO…920-4664*
· BUY A MOUNTAIN CUR HUNTING DOG…745-2121
· 2001 MAZDA TRIBUTE, 2200.00….506-3232*
· TWO CAMPERS FOR SALE, 1500.00 EACH…BOTH NEED A LITTLE WORK DONE TO THEM…453-5576
· FOUR SPOKE WHEELS FOR A FORD RANGER, 15 INCH, WITH BEAUTY RINGS AND CENTER CAPS AND LUG NUTS, 85.00…235 6-CYLINDER CHEVY MOTOR, 1955, NEWLY REBUILT, WITH TRANSMISSION, FOR SALE OR TRADE…442-6106*
· BUY TWO BABY GOATS…333-4527
· WANTS A METAL CUTTING BAND SAW……..506-4410*
· All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2ND TIMOTHY 3:16
MONDAY, JANUARY 16, TRADING POST ITEMS
· WANTS THE NUMBER OF THE LADY IN NIOTA THAT HAS A FIXER-UPPER HOUSE FOR SALE….920-3459*
· SET OF JUMPER CABLES, 5.00…HATCHET WITH HOLSTER, 5.00…SMALL STEREO SYSTEM THAT PLAYS CDS AND RADIO, 10.00…STORAGE LOCKER, 10.00…SQUIRREL TRAP, 15.00…453-0078*
· KITCHEN STOVE, GAS, 40.00…SMALL AIR COMPRESSOR, 125 PSI, 50.00…405-2411*
· BUY A PORTABLE TANNING LIGHT WITH ONE OR TWO BULBS…381-9551*
· ELECTRIC WHEEL CHAIR FOR SALE, 500.00…SEWING MACHINE BY BROTHER…WHEEL FOR RANGER…BOWL AND PITCHER…GRASS CATCHER FOR A ONE JOHN DEERE MOWER…506-0846*
· TWO CEMETERY LOTS AT MCMINN MEMORY GARDENS, 2500.00…333-9251*
· FOR SALE—KITCHEN TABLE (PICNIC STYLE) WITH BENCH THAT GOES AROUND, WOOD, EXCELLENT SHAPE…100.00…NEARLY NEW FULL SIZE BOX SPRINGS AND MATTRESS WITH HEAD AND FOOT BOARDS, 150.00…COUCH WITH RECLINERS ON BOTH ENDS, 75.00…333-5329*
· 2001 CHEVY VENTURE VAN FOR $500….615-574-8317*
· WANTS A MOBILE HOME WITH 2 FULL BATHS AND 3 BEDROOMS….606-280-1205
· PER DIANA: THE NUMBERS TO ORDER FREE FOOD FROM TWU ARE: 423-746-5273 OR 423-746-5232
· TROY-BUILT 42 INCH RIDING MOWER WITH A NEW BATTERY FOR $450…920-1083
· For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 2ND THESSALONIANS 3:10
SATURDAY, JANUARY 14TH, TRADING POST ITEMS FOR BUY/SELL
· BUY SOME MOTION DETECTING LIGHTS…CONVERSE GYM SHOES, MEN’S, SIZE 10-11…FOR SALE…920-3459
· FREE FEMALE PIT BULL DOG…PIGS FOR SALE…716-7616
· TORNADO SALE: FREEZER, 85.00…UTILITY ROOM SINK, 35.00...STAINLESS STEEL SINK, 35.00…IN GOOD SHAPE…920-5145
· WANTS A TABLE TOP TANNING LAMP WITH ONE OR TWO BULBS…381-9551
· 2007 FORD FOCUS FOR SALE, 172,000 MILES, DEPENDABLE, 5-SPEED, 2500.00…368-8774
· VERSE: 1ST THESSALONIANS 5:16-18- BE JOYFUL ALWAYS; PRAY CONTINUALLY; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD’S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 13, TRADING POST ITEMS FOR BUY/SELL
· RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE FOR SALE, 20.00….746-4934
· FOOD GIVEAWAY AT TWU…CALL 746-5273…CALL AND SIGN UP…OR MOBILE FOOD PANTRY, CALL 746-5232
· 2005 TOYOTA TACOMA PICKUP, EXTENDED CAB, AIR-CO…5,000.00 CASH…263-2773
· BUY A SEMI-AUTOMATIC 22-RIFLE…333-5713
· LADY WHO WILL CLEAN UP A HOUSE, PLEASE CALL 333-5329
THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, TRADING POST ITEMS
· VCR AND DVD COMBO, BROKEN…NEEDS SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO REPAIR IT…865-223-4594*
· FOR SALE—QUEEN SIZE BOX SPRINGS AND MATTRESS, 75.00…SMALL LOVE SEAT, TAN, 40.00….AND A SOFA BY BROYHILL, 75.00…442-6013
· BUY A 38-CALIBER PISTOL…746-0598*
· BUY A TOP POST BATTERY FOR A VAN…920-3459*
· OLDER SMALL WOOD DROP FRONT DESK FOR SALE…ANTIQUE BRASS BED WITH RAILS, TWIN SIZE, 40.00…506-7822*
· CRAFTSMAN TABLE TOP 10 INCH SAW WITH EXTENDED ARMS FOR PLYWOOD FOR $60….IN GOOD SHAPE……423-405-2411
· 25 CHICKENS AND 25 DUCKS FOR SALE…..FOR $5 EACH…….423-371-3715
· ANTIQUES, DISHES, A DREXEL, AND FIGURINES….504-0897
· TWO CD PLAYERS FOR A CAR…BOTH WORK GOOD….$60 EACH OR $100 FOR BOTH…..381-2293
· For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1ST THESSALONIANS 4:16-17
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, TRADING POST ITEMS
· BUY A CHEAP ALABAMA CAP…CHEAP OR FREE...BRING THEM BY THE STATION…
· HAS A NICE UT VOLS JACKET…WOULD TRADE IT FOR A PAIR OF CARHARTT INSULATED OVERHAULS…OR WOULD BUY IT…931-209-6193*
· PELLET GUN AND COMPOUND BOW FOR SALE…120.00 FOR BOTH, OBO…333-5249
· WOOD FOR FREE…FELLOW WHO WANTED IT, PLEASE CALL 333-5249
· 187-FOOT ROPE AS BIG AROUND AS A SILVER DOLLAR FOR SALE…100.00 FOR ALL…DINETTE TABLE AND 4 CHAIRS, 85.00…COOK STOVE (NEEDS CLEANING). 70.00…371-0112*
· A CALLER SAID THAT SHE GOT A HEATER AT COORDINATED CHARITIES AND A NICE LADY PAID FOR IT…..BUT THE HEATER DOESN’T WORK….AND SO IF YOU WERE THE NICE PERSON WHO PAID FOR IT, CALL ME AND I’LL GIVE YOU THE HEATER SO YOU CAN RETURN IT SO YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK…….WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A RADIATOR TYPE HEATER……423-506-2358*
· 2003 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER FOR $1800….423-519-5882
· WANTS SOME MUSCADINE VINES TRIMMED……423-271-1542*
· FREE FIREWOOD FROM SOME TREES THAT WERE CUT…..518-866-9261
· God wants you to be holy. You must keep away from sex sins. God wants each of you to use his body in the right way by keeping it holy and by respecting it. You should not use it to please your own desires like the people who do not know God. No man should do wrong to his Christian brother in anything. The Lord will punish a person who does. I have told you this before. 1ST THESSALONIANS 4:3-6
TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, TRADING POST ITEMS
· FRIDGE FOR SALE, WITH ICE MAKER, 100.00 OBO…BUY A CAR OR TRUCK OR TAKE OVER PAYMENTS ON ONE…435-6496*
· FOR SALE: 2.5 HP 21-GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR…AND A 20 GALLON SHOP VAC…371-0228*
· FOUND A FISHING ROD AT ATHENS REGIONAL PARK…506-7370*
· 2X4’S FOR SALE, 8 FOOT LONG…746-4934*
· NEEDS A TWIN BED AND SMALL TABLE AND CHAIRS, AND A COUCH AND LOVE SEAT AND/OR RECLINER…CAN PAY…368-2070*
· SINGING THIS SATURDAY NIGHT, HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN, 6:30 P.M.,ON KNOXVILLE AVENUE…FISHERS OF MEN AND NEW CREATION, FREE
· 2000 RANGER TRUCK, AUTOMATIC, AIR, CD PLAYER, FOR SALE…COLT 357 MAGNUM FOR SALE…453-4836*
· QUEEN SIZE BED AND DRESSER, MATTRESS AND BOX SPRINGS FOR SALE…1988 RANGER TRUCK FOR SALE…BUT A SET OF SILVER EAGLE DOLLARS…489-3156*
· NEEDS SOME HELP IN CLEANING UP AN APARTMENT FOR A FEW HOURS…WILL PAY 10.00 PER HOUR…333-5329
· 1987 FORD 350 ONE-TON DUALLY WITH METAL BED AND A 5-SPEED TRANSMISSION…3500.00…519-3152*
· 10X17 FOOT PORTABLE GARAGE, STILL IN THE BOX…FOR SALE, 100.00…506-7288*
· ANTIQUE CHEF-ROBE WITH 2 BIG DOORS AND LOCK AND KEYS…MADE IN THE 1930s?....LEBUS HL FURNITURE FOR $100….RACING BICYCLE FOR $100…..423-506-3357*
· WANTS A TAG ALONG CAMPER ABOUT 25 FEET OR LITTLE BIGGER…….519-2430*
· MAZDA TRIBUTE FOR $2100……….506-3232
· For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8
MONDAY, JANUARY 9, TRADING POST ITEMS
· BASEBALL CARDS FOR SALE…SWORDS AND KNIVES…920-3459*
· BUY A TABLE TOP SUNLAMP WITH ONE OR TWO BULBS…381-9551*
· HOUSE FOR SALE IN ENGLEWOOD…2 BR, ONE BATH…35,000.00 OR TRADE FOR A COUNTRY PLACE….887-6402*
· 2007 FORD FOCUS HATCHBACK FOR SALE, 4-DOOR, STRAIGHT SHIFT…2500.00…368-8774*
· ONE THIRD OF A RICK OF FIREWOOD FOR FREE…333-5249
· WANTS A PORTABLE SIGN THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE LETTERS ON…AND A FISH DIP NET, 3 OR 4-FOOT LONG HANDLE WITH A BIG NET…AND ONE OR TWO STORM DOORS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE…263-3029*
· WANTS TO RENT A 2 BEDROOM HOUSE OR APARTMENT IN ATHENS OR ETOWAH…333-5329*
· FOR SALE…A REGAL DOBRO IN NEW CONDITION WITH CASE AND ACCESSORIES AND BOOKS…$300.00…263-1989
· TWO CEMETERY LOTS AT MCMINN MEMORIAL GARDENS…2500.00 FOR BOTH…INCLUDES OPENING AND CLOSING ON ONE OF THEM….333-9251*
· ELECTRIC WHEEL CHAIR FOR SALE…TIRE AND A WHEEL FOR A RANGER…GRASS CATCHER FOR A JOHN DEERE RIDING MOWER…CANON PRINTER…506-0846*
· FOR SALE…TWO ALMOST NEW TIRES ON FORD WHEELS…FROM A FORD VAN…SIZE 205-70R-14, 110.00 OBRO…507-1248*
· KENMORE WASHING MACHINE FOR SALE, 65.00, OBRO (WORKS GOOD)..381-2293
· BUY A GOOD USED RECLINER…519-2430
· VIBRATING EXERCISE MACHINE FOR SALE…500.00….745-3318*
· Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. COLOSSIANS 4: 6
SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, TRADING POST ITEMS
· WANTS TO BUY A .410 SHOTGUN…..334-5755
· TWO WATER HEATERS AT 30 GALLON AND A 40 GALLON…..A MEAT SAW…….HOGS FOR SALE READY FOR THE FREEZER……2 BLACK AND TAN BEAGLE PUPS READY TO TRAIN…..746-4451
· 200 PSI DEWALT AIR COMPRESSOR FOR $80……BOSTICH 16 PENNY NAIL GUN FOR $70……HITACHI TRIM NAIL GUN FOR $40……404-2750
· ABOUT 1 ½ INCHES OF SNOW FELL ON CO ROAD 783 IN THE BIGFOOT COMMUNITY NEAR GOODSPRINGS, PER COUSIN SCOTT
· WOODEN FRAME FUTON BED FOR $70….TROY BUILT PRESSURE WASHER 220 PSI FOR $125….404-2750
· How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Isaiah 52:7
FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, TRADING POST ITEMS
· FOR SALE…ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION OUR A FORD EXPLORER, 350.00…717-0502*
· BUY A GOOD WASHING MACHINE…507-7432*
· WANTS A CHAIN SAW, HUSKY OR STIHL OR ECHO WITH 20 INCH BAR….AND A 16 OR 17 FOOT EXTENSION LADDER…617-1258
· FOR SALE: QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS, SERTA, AND BOX SPRINGS WITH FRAME…150.00…BROY-HILL SOFA, GOOD SHAPE, 125.00…60-INCH FLAT SCREEN TV, NEEDS REPAIRS, 20.00….442-6013
· LOOKING FOR A TRANSMISSION FOR A 2003 MONTE CARLO…368-4190*
· 2” by 4” by 8 foot STUDS….746-4934
· VERSE- And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. COLOSSIANS 3:23
THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, TRADING POST ITEMS
· WANTS TO BUY A PORTABLE SUN LAMP..381-9551*
· SUITCASES FOR SALE…20.00 FOR TWO….COLLECTOR’S EDITION KEN AND BARBIE DOLLS…FOR SALE…20 GALLON AQUARIUM FOR SALE, 175.00…333-2988*
· FOR SALE…WASHING MACHINE, 50.00….COFFEE TABLE, 10.00…TWO END TABLES, 10.00…746-0598
· WOOD HEATER FOR SALE, 350.00…CHERRY PICKER FOR LIFTING ENGINES, 225.00…404-2750
· METAL GLIDERS FOR SALE THEY NEED TO BE PAINTED…25.00…887-7743*
· ELECTRIC WHEEL CHAIR FOR SALE…RANGER WHEEL AND TIRE FOR SALE…GRASS CATCHER FOR JOHN DEERE RIDING MOWER FOR SALE…506-0846*
· FOR SALE—4-TON OUTSIDE HEAT PUMP UNIT. AND THE A-COIL, 400.00…1996 50TH ANNIVERSARY AMERICAN MADE FRETLESS BASS GUITAR, 1200.00 OBRO…715-0091*
· Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them. Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. COLOSIANS 13:18-21
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, TRADING POST ITEMS
· 1986 FORD RANGER TRUCK, 4-WHEEL DRIVE, RUNS GOOD…1700.00 OBRO…920-4664
· TWO CEMETERY LOTS AT MCMINN MEMORY GARDENS…2500.00 FOR BOTH INCLUDING OPENING AND CLOSING FOR ONE….333-9251*
· BUY A MOBILE HOME WITH 2 FULL BATHROOMS…AND 2 OR 3 BEDROOMS…WITHOUT LAND…1990 OR NEWER…606-280-1205
· GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPS, BORN CHRISTMAS DAY, FOR SALE…920-1022*
· 2001 MAZDA TRIBUTE SUV, 2200.00…506-3232*
· WANTS TO BUY SOME CROSS TIES…263-7039*
· WANTS A SMALL WOOD HEATER FOR A WORKSHOP…..WANTS SOME STOVE PIPE TOO…..368-1906*
· WASHER AND DRYER ONLY A MONTH OLD…..GLASS DISPLAY CABINET FOR JEWELRY, ETC FOR $75….HEADBOARD AND FOOTBOARD AND 2 DRESSERS FOR $200….423-368-3252
· FOR SALE OVER A POUND OF PECANS ALREADY HULLED FOR $7.50…..263-2975*
· COMPUTER DESK AND CHAIR FOR $15….OAK COFFEE TABLE FOR FREE….263-7073*
· BIG HOG READY TO PUT IN THE FREEZER FOR SALE ….435-5745
· And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. COLOSSIANS 3:17
JERRY BAKER’S CRITTER CONTROL
Q: Birds keep going after my garden. Is there anything I can do to keep them away?
A: Sure! Slit an old tennis ball and force it over the end of a 6-7 ft. piece of old garden hose. Draw two eyes and a mouth on the ball, and place yellow strips of tape like Xs down the hose to resemble a snake. Set this fake snake in the garden, and the birds’ll be too spooked to stop in for a snack.
Q: How can I stop the neighborhood cats from using my flower garden as a litter box?
A: Try mixing coffee grounds, cayenne pepper, and/or orange peels into the top layer of soil, or try one of repellents I have in my book, Backyard Problem Solver. You can also stuff dried rue leaves, mothballs, or dry borax soap placed in the toe of old nylon stockings, and hang them in various areas of your garden.
Q: Apparently, it's slim pickings in the woods, because deer keep nibbling on my plants! How can I keep them away from my yard?
A: There are many different solutions, although a good, tall fence is probably the best (and most expensive) one. For less money, try blood meal, thorny bushes, or my special Deer Buster Egg Tonic: 2 eggs, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp. of cayenne pepper and 2 tbsp. of hot sauce in 2 cups of water. Let set for 2 days, then spray your plants to the point of run-off.
Q: How do I get those darned chipmunks to stay away from my garden?
A: Try sprinkling bloodmeal around the garden, or scatter dog or cat hair around the area. That should stop ‘em in their tracks. You might also want try my All-Purpose Pest Prevention Potion: 1 cup of ammonia, ½ cup of dishwashing liquid, ½ cup of human urine, and ¼ cup of castor oil in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. Then fill up the balance of the sprayer jar with water, and you’re ready to go. Overspray any areas that need to be protected, so long as you steer clear of food crops. To protect your edibles, you’ll have to spray around the perimeter of your garden.
Q: The neighborhood dogs are constantly digging up my flower beds. Is there anything I can use to prevent this that won't harm our pet?
A: Sprinkle cayenne pepper over and around the beds, and throw in a few orange peels for good measure. Other repellents include dried blood and oil of mustard. For trash can thugs, spray your garbage cans with a pine scented detergent and ammonia mixed with an equal amount of water.
Q: Moles and gophers have turned my lawn into their own personal condominium complex. What can I do to make them go away?
A: First and foremost, you need to eliminate their major food source—grubs—from your lawn. The best way to do this is to apply Milky Spore Powder at the recommended rate. In addition, you can:
Q: Skunks are digging up my yard, and pawing through my flowers. What can I do to get rid of them?
A: The controls for skunks are similar to those used for moles: if you eliminate their food source—grubs—they'll move on. If you can find their resting area, then you can use ammonia and/or bright light to drive them away.
Q: I have squirrels all over. How do I keep them out of my yard?
A: Keeping them out of an entire yard is nearly impossible. But there are things you can do to keep them from causing damage in specific areas. Try sprinkling dried blood meal as a border around the planting area you want to protect. Or douse your plants with my Hot Bite Spray: 3 tbsp. of cayenne pepper, 2 cups of hot water, 1 tbsp. of hot sauce, 1 tbsp. of ammonia, and 1 tbsp. of baby shampoo. Mix the cayenne pepper with the hot water in a bottle, and shake well. Let the mixture sit overnight, then pour off the liquid without disturbing the sediment at the bottom. Mix the liquid with the other ingredients in a handheld sprayer bottle, and spritz on your flower buds and stems as often as you can to keep them hot, hot, hot!
For more great squirrel-repelling strategies, check out my Backyard Problem Solver book. It includes the recipe for my Squirrel Beater Tonic, as well as instructions for spicing up (and squirrel-proofing) birdseed, making your own squirrel baffle, and much more.
Q: Voles have invaded my lawn, and are causing quite a mess with their runways. How do I stop them?
A: There are a few different things you can do. First, you may want to try trapping these critters. Use regular mousetraps baited with cookies, apples, corn or any other small grain, or a mixture of rolled oats and peanut butter. Set the trap in an old milk carton or coffee can to protect children and pets from harm. Because voles are most active in early morning and early evening, set traps by mid-afternoon. Check them the following morning, and if you have caught one, reset the trap in the same location. Continue this until no more voles are caught. Then relocate the traps 10 to 15 feet away in another surface runway. Continue this practice until you have covered the entire vole habitat. After they're eliminated, clean up any hiding/nesting areas up so they won't come back.
· WEB LINK TO JERRY BAKER’S WEBSITE: https://www.jerrybaker.com/tips-and-tonics#critter
Bob's Mother's recipe:
100 DOLLAR CAKE Recipe (Old Family Recipe)
From the Kitchen of Hazel Ketchersid
Sift flour, soda, cocoa, and salt together. Cream shortening and sugar together until well blended. Add beaten egg yolks. Add sifted dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Stir in coffee and vanilla. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour batter into 3 well greased and floured 9" cake pans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
Sift sugar and cocoa together. Cream with butter. Add egg yolk, coffee and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. This makes a 3 layer cake. You could slice with a string like the red velvet if desired, but just the 3 layers is ok. It is ok as a sheet cake, but better as the 3 layer. Your choice.